Welcome to our Red Cross Journey team page!
Kia ora friends and whanau!
I need your help!
As you may already know, New Zealand Red Cross are legends – they provide relief to Kiwis affected by disaster, deploy specialist delegates overseas, and help former refugee families settle here in Aotearoa.
So… we have committed ourselves to a step challenge. Yes! That’s right. We would like as many of you as possible to join our team and commit to walking 10,000 steps a day for 21 days in September.
As Red Cross need donations we are hoping you will either donate $20 to help Red Cross by the end of your challenge or see if you can get some friends and family to sponsor you by donating during your challenge.
By donating to Red Cross Journey, you will help to make a difference in the community. You will be helping…
- Our disaster response teams support people in Christchurch affected by the March 15 attacks; and in Nelson during the devastating fires; and in Christchurch after that frightening gas explosion just the other week.
- Settle former refugees into life in New Zealand.
- People get Meals on Wheels delivered to their door and taken to medical appointments.
- Our highly-skilled international delegates work in areas of conflict and disaster around the world.
Red Cross does so much in New Zealand and overseas, thanks to people like you.
Not only will you be getting fit (and potentially obsessed with your step count!) during this step challenge, but you will be learning about the incredible real-life journey of Donna, a Red Cross nurse who has worked all over the world to help people affected by conflict and disaster. She has seen immense pain and suffering, but also joy in the people she has helped along her journey.
The more you step, the more you’ll learn about Donna’s journey – great idea huh?? This is a step challenge with a difference.
Convinced? High five! Simply
- click the Join Us button and sign up
- Start stepping and recording your steps on your account Dashboard within your profile
- donate $20 (or more!) sometime during the challenge to help raise money for Red Cross
Thank you to our Sponsors
Lisette De Wit