Join Red Cross Journey as a school team!
Learn about global and local events and get to know real people who have been affected by disaster or conflict. It’s free to join – all you need is a team captain to sign you up (can be a teacher or student)! You can have as many team members as you like and choose if you want one profile page for each student or one for each classroom.
Haven't got your promo code yet? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get your discounted offer!
Why fundraise for Red Cross?
Your fundraising efforts ensure New Zealand Red Cross continues to help the people who need it most, both at home and around the world. Many of our services don’t receive government funding so we rely on the generosity of people like you and your networks to run our programmes.
Whether you’re a group of seasoned pros or eager first-time fundraisers, it can still seem daunting but don’t worry, below you’ll find some handy tips to get you on your way. Peer-to-peer fundraising is all about spreading the word and getting support from those who already care. So, encourage your group to share this challenge and the journey that you’re following with friends, family, teachers and classmates. Set a goal that’s achievable for you and know that every single dollar makes a difference. You’ll reach your goal in no time!
|Students at St Mary’s school in Hastings taking part in Red Cross journey.
|A massive congratulations to the 160 strong squad at Auckland’s St Heliers School.
|Muritai school joined the journey previously and used the updates to practice math skills, public speaking and creative writing.
Keep it social
Use your social media platforms to help raise awareness and raise money for your journey. All templates can be found in our downloadable Schools Toolkit!
Social media suggestions:
- Instagram! Upload your own stories on your Instagram while you’re completing Red Cross Journey to engage your followers, show them what you’re doing, tag #redcrossjourney and inform them of where they can go to donate and support you.
- Facebook! Post your progress, and keep friends and family up to date with how you're doing.
- Text or Email! Text or email your friends and family using our template or your own, to explain what you are doing for Red Cross journey and make them aware of the ways they can support you.
- Tweet! Tweet our template on your Twitter page to raise awareness of what you’re doing and how people can help.
- Be active on your social media during the journey, and regularly update your family and friends so they know your commitment to your worthy cause Red Cross Journey. If you regularly show your family and friends what you are doing, they will be engaging with your activity and therefore, are likely to support you in some way shape or form.
Quick tips for school teams to get the steps up!
- Take your parent or caregiver on an adventure to explore your local surroundings!
- Hit the playground, the skate park or the field and get moving with your friends.
- Join a team! See what sports teams or clubs your school or local community has to offer.
- Use physical activity as a homework break - a good way to boost energy for studying.
- Make it a competition! Ask your friends to challenge you to something active. A running race? A cartwheel competition? Tree climbing race?
- Have some activities ready for rainy days. Maybe you could head to an indoor tramp park, go rock climbing, or set up an obstacle course in your own house!